Saturday, May 1, 2010

About the Girl


This is me. I'm a photographer, musician and designer. I have been fat for the majority of my life. Luckily, this has not stopped me from being a pretty confident, kick ass person, but lately I've been really feeling like I'm inside some unfamiliar body. A fatsuit, if you will.

When I think about myself in my head, I am not the girl I see in the mirror. This has been a blessing and a curse. For too long, I've been able to imagine myself very differently than what I really am - it kept me fairly happy for the most part, but kept me in denial about letting my body go out of my control.

I am 26 years old, and at the prime of my youth. I am sick of feeling like I'm hindered by my weight. It's partially about how I look - but it's more about how I feel. I've been punishing myself and consoling my soul with food. It's not an excuse anymore. It's done.