Sunday, May 29, 2011

Skinnygirl Margarita

I admit it: I love Bethenny Frankel. I really don't care what you say. I have loved her since I first watched her on "The Real Housewives of New York" (My guilty pleasure show) and I watch all the episodes of her new show, "Bethenny Ever After" on Demand.

Judge all you want. She's a woman who actually works for a living, and has the life I dream of. Successful, inspired, and still down to earth while keeping a great sarcastic wit.

Bethenny created a pre-mixed Margarita product called Skinnygirl, which boasts a great tasting, quality tequila margarita that comes in at only 100 calories per serving. I've seen it on her show forever and always kind of thought, "maybe someday I'll try it, if I remember..."

I was at Bevmo a couple of days ago (where I accidentally spent $30 on a bottle of wine...long story) and they had cases of Skinnygirl at the checkout. So, I said, "What the heck?" and grabbed a bottle for $13.99. (this was when I had no idea that I grabbed a $30 bottle of wine. But anyway.)

For dinner last night, I poured myself a serving of Skinnygirl right in to this here cherry tumbler. No, I don't have Margarita glasses.

Verdict: it's very good. You can tell that it is a lower calorie Margarita (much less sweet) but that's hardly a bad thing. It's very drinkable, and definitely doesn't skimp on the Tequila. Considering ease of use (no mixing) and the fact that you know how many calories you're getting, I can definitely see picking up another bottle in the future for a dinner party or grillout. But, at $13.99 a bottle, I probably wouldn't choose it for Guitar Hero Night or Let's get boozy Saturdays (again, not necessarily a bad thing!)

2 comments:

Carys said...

Is the alcohol already in there? That's amazing. I wonder if it would work mixed in with ice? I like frozen margarita's as well as regular.

Nissa Nicole said...

Yup, the alcohol is pre-mixed! And I think you could mix it with ice and blend - though I haven't tried that.